RB is the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company. Every day, across 60 countries, we work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes. You might not recognize our name, but you will be familiar with our brands – Enfamil, Nutramigen, Nurofen, Mucinex, Strepsils, Durex, Gaviscon, Dettol, Lysol, Scholl, Veet, Finish, Vanish. They’re the products that not only protect your world but also support healthy development during the various stages of our lives. And we’re proud to call them our own. Headquartered in the UK, we’re a truly global company with operations in over 60 countries worldwide. Our health, hygiene and home products are sold and trusted in almost 200 countries, bringing our vision to millions of people.
For our global packaging team we are seeking a
- Manage local, regional and/or global projects (NPD/EPD/Squeeze) within budgets and deadlines and ensure the achievement of set objectives.
- Make sure that Project Management techniques are applied for all major projects (NPD/EPD/Squeeze).
- Make sure that all product designs are robust and comply with Environmental, Safety and Shipping legislation and also with Trade requirements.
- Take part in constant Gross margin improvement analysis (i.e. Squeeze/X-Trim Projects) and in their implementation.
- Take part in regular internal/external Packaging benchmarks to make sure that RB packing is cost-effective but not worse in quality than competition.
- Make sure that TDS is used as Globally agreed (i.e. packaging component specifications / palletisation specifications / BOMs / Test methods / etc. are kept updated within the system).
- Make sure that Test methods (i.e. storage tests/transport tests/etc.) are applied.
- Close collaboration with QM/QA to make sure that latest Quality techniques are applied.
- Responsible for technical implementation of Packaging projects at External Manufacturers related to those products that are not directly linked to one of the Reckitt Benckiser manufacturing locations.
- Close collaboration with Packaging Teams in other regions in order to transfer knowledge and learnings.
- Work in partnership with international Multifunctional teams such as Marketing, Category, R&D, and Procurement to agree directions and project progress.
- Close collaboration with Procurement, Supply and QM/QA to make sure the “Supplier Selection Process & Criteria” process is applied for selection/qualification of any new suppliers.
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers.
Profile and Competencies
- Degree in Packaging Engineering or related scientific field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Packaging Development.
- Technical knowledge of major packaging materials and related processes (production, converting, printing, etc.).
- Knowledge of injection and blow moulding mandatory. Knowledge about other technologies is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing technology (both on the making of the packaging components as well as the related filling and packing technology.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Proven track record to manage projects.
- Track record of delivery, goal oriented, sets clear priorities and meets deadlines.
- Has a positive and motivating influence, sets good examples.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating.
- Good planning and organisational ability.
- Ambitious and flexible. Capable of working independently.
- High level of interpersonal communication ability.
- Ability to influence others.
- Works effectively in international multifunctional teams, promotes team effort, builds relationships
- Analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect details data, analyse and interpret results and recommend changes and improvements.
- Ability to understand and work within the framework of the overall company strategy and also relevant consumer insights.
- Understanding of Intellectual Property issues associated with structural packaging design.
Reckitt Benckiser offers a challenging and collegial environment with excellent competitive salary and benefits. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself further in a global working company that’s growing fastly. This means interesting projects, professional colleagues and interesting perspectives!
If you are interested to learn more about this position, please contact Manon van Steenpaal, Recruiter a.i. (+31 6 39 88 40 81) or RecruitmentNL@rb.com.
Apply for this job!
To apply please send your motivation and resume before May 28th 2018 to the HR Department / Recruitment via our online application page citing ‘sollicitatie Packaging Manager’.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.